Re: replaceTrack proposal

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:19:42 -0700
To: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>
Cc: Erik Lagerway <erik@hookflash.com>, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 14 April 2015 at 23:25, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Is this not deterministic? For comparison, where would one learn of such
> failures from tracks added with pc.addTrack()?

pc.addTrack() has the opportunity to use the different codec because
it doesn't have to conform to whatever was negotiated for the previous
track.

pc.addStream was made asynchronous.  I can't quite understand why
addTrack is not.  I can definitely conceive of cases where the browser
needs to do some work to determine whether sending is possible.

I guess that the current plan is to hide any errors here and have them
surface on createOffer or createAnswer, or maybe setLocalDescription.