Video orientation header ext. - what is it supposed to do?

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 12:37:55 +0000
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Hi,

just noted in [1] that a video orientation RTP header extension seem to
be assumed.

Has it ever been discussed what that would mean in the application
space? I.e. should it transfer to a track property, should it rotate the
view shown by the video element automatically (and in that case: how
would that interact with CSS rotations), or something else?

Sorry if I missed the discussion, but I don't recollect we talked about
this.

Stefan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2014Nov/0078.html