Re: Next steps on RTCRtpSender "doohickey" proposal

On 05/08/2014 12:34 PM, Kiran Kumar Guduru wrote:

> In spec it is specified that mediaStream ids may  be duplicated.
>
> "The id of a |MediaStream
> <http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/webrtc.html#dfn-mediastream>|
> object is unique to the source of the stream, but that does not mean
> it is not possible to end up with duplicates."
>
> In this scenario,
>
> How to differentiate two streams with same Id?

Are you talking about the perspective of a Javascript programmer, or the
perspective of a browser writer?

The case where it can occur is if you get the same stream (same ID) via
two different PeerConnections, or get your own streams reflected back at
you.

I'm not sure it's a problem for the Javascript programmer. But it argues
for stating the addtrack API in terms of stream objects, not stream IDs
(since there may be two objects with the same ID).