Re: Update of RTCRtpSender "doohickey" proposal

On 30/04/14 22:23, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2014, at 6:06 PM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Forcing me, as a user, to clone my MST if, and only if, I want to add it to more than one PeerConnection seems to have little to no cost to me, and seems like a reduction in complexity.
>>
>> I might be missing something, but why do we need cloning?
>>

> I assumed we would get rid of cloning once we added doohickeys.

The MST is the API where we can set things like resolution, framerate, etc.

Assume you want to record the same content in two different resolutions,
they way to do it today would be to clone the track, and apply different
settings, and record both IIUC.

Sure, we could move the surface where you define desired framerate,
resolution, etc. to the consumer all together - but that would be a big
change quite late.