Re: ICECandidate.candidate syntax is wrong in Chrome

> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> wrote:
>>> FWIW, the trickle ICE draft [0] does require that the "a=" be present.
>>
>> That is just the encoding within the SDP.
>
> No it is not. That was meant as the generic way of representing
> trickled candidates regardless of whether or not SDP was then used.
> There were discussions about that at the interim in Boston and then
> again in Orlando and given how there were no strong arguments either
> way we decided to just leave it that way.

OK, but anyhow the WebRTC spec is clear about how the
ICECandidate.candidate must look. That field is not about trickle ICE
(it may be used for that of course), but the "blob" representation of
a ICE candidate. And the candidate-attribute grammar in the ICE RFC is
clear on that.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>