Re: Proposal: Fire a toneDiscarded event while discarding the invalid DTMF values.

On 06/13/2014 05:16 PM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 2014-06-13 16:31, tim panton wrote:
>>> Given that -use-cases is not changing, I don't see ANY justification for
>>> revisiting the issue of whether we have this API or not.
>> Agreed, my original point was that the additional features of filtering
>> the invalid symbols
>> could be done in 1 or 2 lines of javascript and so did not belong in the
>> browser.
> FWIW, I'm with Tim on this one. I also think it makes it clearer -
> either the UA throws, or it sends all symbols.

FWIW, I think the spec will be simpler if we throw
IllegalCharacterException on strings that contain any character except
[0-9A-Da-d*#,], and have no special treatment at sendout time (illegal
characters can't occur there).

I like simple specs; if we change anything, let's do that.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.