Re: Proposal: Fire a toneDiscarded event while discarding the invalid DTMF values.

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:19:09 +0200
To: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, tim panton <thp@westhawk.co.uk>
CC: "Makaraju, Maridi Raju (Raju)" <Raju.Makaraju@alcatel-lucent.com>, Adam Bergkvist <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>, Kiran Kumar Guduru <kiran.guduru@samsung.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 06/13/2014 05:16 PM, Stefan Håkansson LK wrote:
> On 2014-06-13 16:31, tim panton wrote:
>>> Given that -use-cases is not changing, I don't see ANY justification for
>>> revisiting the issue of whether we have this API or not.
>> Agreed, my original point was that the additional features of filtering
>> the invalid symbols
>> could be done in 1 or 2 lines of javascript and so did not belong in the
>> browser.
> FWIW, I'm with Tim on this one. I also think it makes it clearer -
> either the UA throws, or it sends all symbols.

FWIW, I think the spec will be simpler if we throw
IllegalCharacterException on strings that contain any character except
[0-9A-Da-d*#,], and have no special treatment at sendout time (illegal
characters can't occur there).

I like simple specs; if we change anything, let's do that.

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.