Re: Proposal: Fire a toneDiscarded event while discarding the invalid DTMF values.

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 15:16:31 +0000
To: tim panton <thp@westhawk.co.uk>, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
CC: "Makaraju, Maridi Raju (Raju)" <Raju.Makaraju@alcatel-lucent.com>, "Adam Bergkvist" <adam.bergkvist@ericsson.com>, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com>, Kiran Kumar Guduru <kiran.guduru@samsung.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 2014-06-13 16:31, tim panton wrote:

>> Given that -use-cases is not changing, I don't see ANY justification for
>> revisiting the issue of whether we have this API or not.
>
> Agreed, my original point was that the additional features of filtering
> the invalid symbols
> could be done in 1 or 2 lines of javascript and so did not belong in the
> browser.

FWIW, I'm with Tim on this one. I also think it makes it clearer -
either the UA throws, or it sends all symbols.