Re: RTCDataChannel characteristics and failures -API description

On 2014-01-24 07:48, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
> On 2014-01-09 11:39, Michael Tuexen wrote:
>> I just realise that maxRetransmitTime, since this time does not limit
>> the time spent
>> on retransmissions, but it limits the lifetime of the message. So a
>> name lime
>> maxLifeTime or so makes more sense.
>
> In this case, maxLifeTime seem like a more descriptive name.
>
> I'll edit that into the spec if no one has any strong objections.
>
> /Adam

It is still a parameter for the transport layer, right?
So, it means: If this message is not successfully transmitted within the
maxLifeTime time interval, then it may be dropped from the transmission
queue.

And it is not an application level parameter.
So it does not mean for the receiver: "Do not use this message after the
maxLifeTime has expired"

If you agree, please make that distinction clear in your edit.

/Gunnar