Re: Summary of "What is missing for building real services" thread

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 00:24:11 +0100
To: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
Cc: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>, Alexey Aylarov <alexey@zingaya.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Tim Panton new <thp@westhawk.co.uk>
2014/1/19 Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>:
>> I'm not talking about "one library to rule all" but rather a reference
>> implementation by one of the vendors (I used Google as an example because
>> their implementation is already up on webrtc.org).
>
> That (or the library from Firefox were we to extract it) wouldn't be
> a "reference implementation" but merely an "implementation"

Something is wrong in WebRTC when most of the non-browser proyects
(opss, and even other browsers) take the Google code as "reference
library". If the only way to get real interoperability is by using the
same code here and there (instead on making implementations based on
the spec) that says bad things about the whole WebRTC. Having SDP in
the middle does not help here.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>