Re: What is missing for building "real" services?

Regarding the microphone/camera selection I think that Chrome's approach is not bad , if you implement Device Enumeration API developers  will figure out the best way for their app to explain users what device is being used and how to change it and with https it can be changed silently w/o showing the access dialog again.

Alexey