onicegatheringstatechange VS onicecandidate with candidate==null (just one of them, please)

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 22:40:28 +0100
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Hi, I understand that the way to go is to fire
onicegatheringstatechange when ICE gathering is done so the user can
check its status via:

  if (pc.iceGatheringState === 'complete') {  ...  }

Currently that is not implemented in any browser (AFAIK) so the
old/deprecated onicecandidate with candidate==null is still in use.

Should I understand that once onicegatheringstatechange is
implemented, browsers won't also emit a onicecandidate with
candidate==null?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo