Re: per-DataChannel stats: on PeerConnection or on DataChannel?

On 12/19/2014 08:37 AM, piranna@gmail.com wrote:

> Didn't thought about the promise issue, in that case it would be a
> strange API. Is the promise necesary in that case? We are only
> retrieving data, not processing anything...

We're returning snapshots of data as they were at a given time (that's
why each component of the stats structure has its own timestamp).

Sometimes the most recent data isn't on the currently executing process
- and feeding a stream of data across process boundaries just in case
someone eventually wants to do getStats on them is an expensive process
- perhaps prohibitively so.

Trying to get data synchronously would severely constrain the ways in
which getStats can be implemented.