What to do with unsignaled media

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 06:43:34 -1000
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/issues/39

>From the issue:

In #29, @stefhak noted that we don't really specify how we handle
inbound media that isn't yet assigned to a MediaStreamTrack through
signaling. This can happen with renegotiation+bundling at the offerer.
We don't specify whether to keep the data, or what to do with it.

I tend to think that this falls into the space where you have resource
and quality trade-offs that aren't really very safe to specify for the
general case. A machine with lots of RAM can store several jitter
buffers worth of audio and several I-frames, but there are limits to
how much they can store. There are also limits too on processing
capacity to handle all that media properly.

In the same way we don't specify jitter buffer size and depth, I'm
going to recommend closing this issue without at most some editorial
additions.