addIceCandidate behavior

From: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 15:59:12 -0500
To: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
We've had some implementors express confusion about the behavior that
addIceCandidate should exhibit. The current spec says this:

> If the candidate parameter is malformed, throw a |SyntaxError|
> exception and abort these steps.
>
> If the candidate is successfully applied, the user agent /MUST/ queue
> a task to invoke successCallback.
>
> If the candidate could not be successfully applied, the user agent
> /MUST/ queue a task to invoke failureCallback with a |DOMError| object
> whose |name| attribute has the value TBD.

Given that we're passing in an RTCIceCandidate as the parameter, it's
not clear to me what "malformed" might mean. Is an RTCIceCandidate with
a null "candidate" attribute "malformed"? Or is that simply a candidate
that "could not be successfully applied"? Or, for that matter, do we
consider processing of an RTCIceCandidate with a null candidate
attribute to be successful?

/a