Re: Missing Features: Stream Control

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:22:18 +0200
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
On 10/18/2013 07:45 PM, Aymeric Vitte wrote:

> Le 18/10/2013 19:31, Stefan Håkansson LK a écrit :
>> I think we're talking about completely different streams, and what Adam
>> is proposing is applicable for MediaStreamTracks in the context of a
>> WebRTC PeerConnection.
> I don't see why, a stream is a stream, this would be strange that a
> Streams API is defined and WebRTC is using something different,
> moreover that this does not change the spec, the spec just has to
> support Streams

A MediaStream MediaStreamTrack as specified in this specification isn't
what people are talking about in any of the zillion different proposals
that use the name Stream.

Please don't use the name Stream without a pointer to the specific
proposal you're naming. The name has been used too many times for sanity.