Re: Missing Features: Stream Control

From: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:04:42 -0500
To: Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, "Web Applications Working Group WG (public-webapps@w3.org)" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com>, Feras Moussa <feras.moussa@hotmail.com>
On 10/18/13 12:47, Aymeric Vitte wrote:
> Le 18/10/2013 19:13, Adam Roach a écrit :
>> To be clear, the .enabled flag and .stop() method are already there,
>> and they already pause/unpause the stream and tear it down,
>> respectively. I'm just proposing concrete semantics for how they
>> interact with any PeerConnection that the track is associated with.
> But they are not in the Streams proposal, see my other answer.

To make my point clearer: this isn't the right mailing list to talk
about making changes to the API on MediaStream and MediaStreamTrack. If
I had been proposing to change those APIs, it would have been on the
public-media-capture list, not the public-webrtc list.

All I was trying to talk about is how the existing API influences the
behavior of RTCPeerConnection, which is why I was talking about it on
this list. If you want to propose changes to MediaStream and
MediaStreamTrack, please take them to public-media-capture.