Re: Restrict local UDP ports in browser "advanded settings"

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 17:34:18 -0700
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
To: Iņaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>

Iņaki,

This is more or less the argument for a default port(s) for RTP. I think a default port would be a good idea. Much of the IETF disagrees with me. (I note a default port for SMTP has turned out to be sort of useful). The place to have this argument is probably the transport area list as they view themselves s the port police.  I doubt it will go real well but for what it's worth, I would like a default port. I think that bundle with ICE makes it far easier to have a default port for RTP and greatly increases the number of situations where a default port will work.

Cullen