Re: Why does screen sharing require a browser extension?

On 11/25/2013 09:23 PM, cowwoc wrote:
> But the border is flashing! :) Anyway, I'd argue an extension is even
> worse. You install it once and forget what it is actively recording.
> It might not be malicious but you could still mistakenly share some
> pretty embarrassing stuff.
Actually
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javase/appletwarning-135102.html
explains that the pulsing yellow border that was added in JDK 6 update
10 an was removed in JDK 6 update 12 because developers didn't like it.

It furthermore explains that the security warning window, which was
initially displayed for all windows, is now only displayed for the
window with the input focus.

If this is an example of anything, it is perhaps an example of how
security warnings get toned down by implementors when they interfere too
much with the applications. A cautionary tale?

--
Surveillance is pervasive. Go Dark.