Re: Using tracks instead of streams

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 10:18:11 -0800
To: Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 14 November 2013 07:55, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> wrote:
> Are we planning a story here around backwards-compatibility? Or are you
> envisioning some kind of flag-day on which all the existing WebRTC apps
> simply stop working?

That's a good point.  As originally proposed, the concept of a flag
day was not necessary.  The idea is to add the proposed items to
existing interfaces, without removing any existing points.  As Justin
observes, polyfill is possible for a good number of existing
methods/attributes, so retaining them in browser interfaces is
trivial.