Re: Mandatory vs optional codecs

     +1 for avoiding gateways if humanly possible. I had the displeasure
of dealing with this in the Flash world and it was hell both from a
technical and scalability point of view. While it is true that some
use-cases will require a gateway (sorry enterprise vendors), it's
important to ensure that the "typical use-case" for web developers
(one-to-one video chat) works out of the box without this headache.

Gili