Re: SDP wrapper? Object-oriented API?

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 08:42:06 -0700
To: "Suhas Nandakumar (snandaku)" <snandaku@cisco.com>
Cc: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 14 June 2013 20:47, Suhas Nandakumar (snandaku) <snandaku@cisco.com> wrote:
> I personally dont feel why would one want to modify SDP frequently than supporting few special cases. Also once the APIs, SDP Usages and constraints are finalized, i envision there will be much lesser need to modify SDP by hand.

This is a superficially appealing argument, but I've had enough
experience with this by now to know that it's completely bogus.  A lot
of the most common cases will require modification.  Unless you are
the lucky ones who manage to get your Plan A/B outcome such that it
perfectly matches your existing SDP usage patterns, where perhaps you
can avoid modifications.  Good luck with that.