Re: [rtcweb] SDP is not suitable for WebRTC

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:01:10 +0200
To: Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@ericsson.com>
Cc: Bossiel thioriguel <bossiel@yahoo.fr>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
>> The only we need is that peer-A tells peer-B about its tracks and peer-B tells peer-A about its tracks. We don't have that with SDP.
>
> Well, the peers have to use SOMETHING to do that.

Could you please explain it a bit more? If I am not wrong you insist
on the fact that, *theorically*, if a device knows (by other means)
the number of participants in a conference it can generate a SDP with
so many m lines (as in the "solution 1" I told about).

Then I recall: that is NOT possible in WebRTC. The API does not let me
to add 8 m=audio lines (all of them with a=recvonly but one with
a=sendrec).

It is not valid for me that SDP allows "magic". I am interested in
which I can do with SDP *within WebRTC* via the "SDP-blob based API".

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>