Re: setting bandwidth

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 19:04:42 -0400
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
CC: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Kiran Kumar <g.kiranreddy4u@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
On 28/07/2013 6:16 PM, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2013, at 10:43 PM, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
>
>>      Look, when I try to upload a very large file over TCP I see the upload speed peg at close to 100% of capacity seemingly immediately.
> Trust me, it does not do that immediately and there is zero chance of the IETF approving something that made it do that because that would be very bad for the internet.

     I'll give you a concrete example you can try yourself. If you go
into Dropbox using Chrome/Windows and upload a 300MB file you will
notice the upload speed hits the max within 1-2 seconds.

     Can someone in the know explain what HTTP upload is doing in such a
scenario, and why WebRTC can't do the same?

Gili