Re: Google's position on the WebRTC API

Like I said earlier...life is full of compromise 8)

It's great to hear from Google that they agree to the re-design of the
API and I think the point that the current API can be layered on top of
that is key. No babies and bathwater involved here.

If we focus on just mapping out the SDP rules for the most constrained
scope possible then finishing with the current API does sound feasible.

And the new work can certainly continue in parallel to that...and will
probably also benefit from finishing off the constrained scope version
of the current API.

So +1 if that's what you're proposing.

PS: I think it would be good to clearly set this expectation with web
developers so anyone using the current version of the API knows to just
focus on apps that fit within the new constrained scope. If they choose
to develop outside that scope then "caveat emptor"...and feel free to
contribute to the new API development too.

roBman