Re: On babies and bathwater (was Re: [rtcweb] Summary of Application Developers' opinions of the current WebRTC API and SDP as a control surface)

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Adam Roach <adam@nostrum.com> wrote:

> On 7/19/13 13:47, Peter Thatcher wrote:
>
>>  Do you really believe all of them are naive and full of hubris?
>>

> No, I think they're using an API that is nowhere near finished yet, which
> is necessarily going to be painful. The complaints are legitimate.

"nowhere near finished yet"?  Yikes.  We just spent almost a year arguing
about what an m-line is.  What's your timeline for finishing?

The scapegoating of SDP is what's misguided.

Well, I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree, because from my
perspective as a web developer and a browser implementer, the API being
based on SDP Offer/Answer is the heart of the problem, and not just a
scapegoat.  I hope that we can do much better in a 2.0 API while
maintaining legacy interop (make everyone happy), but of course I'll
refrain from talking about that further until the right time has come.