Recording teleconfs (was: Next telco webrtc)

Le vendredi 07 septembre 2012 à 20:08 +0200, Stefan Håkansson LK a
écrit :
> On 2012-09-07 16:35, Maire Reavy wrote:
> > Couldn't we also record the call?  I've heard such technology exists.  ;-)
> Yes, the issue is not about technology but whether or not it is
> compliant with W3C rules and procedures. Dom has promised to look into it.

FWIW, I have started that investigation (but doesn't have usable results
yet). There are two aspects to this:
* legal — the legal requirements on recording phone conversations varies
from country to country (or even state to state in the US); I have asked
our legal counsel to look into it, but this will require time (I am
still trying to figure out how much), and I can't quite say yet whether
taking these requirements into account would still make this an
appealing solution;

* social — some people may be reluctant or feel less at ease to
participate if they know they are recorded; some companies may actually
forbid their employees to speak on a publicly recorded teleconf. I
believe we can figure this out for this particular group once we have
some more clarity on what the legal framework imposes on us. Figuring
this out may involve: asking participants in this group how they would
feel about it; keeping the recording private; deleting them from after
some amount of time, etc.

Dom