Re: DataChannels API

On 9/7/2012 4:46 AM, Stefan Hakansson LK wrote:
> On 09/06/2012 04:38 PM, Randell Jesup wrote:
>> On 9/6/2012 10:19 AM, Adam Bergkvist wrote:
>>> What triggers the onconnected callback?
>>
>> SCTP/DTLS Association connection.
>
> Is there really a need to expose this to the application? To me it seems
> enough with "onopen", "onerror" and "onclose" firing at the DataChannel
> object.

There is a need to if it might not come up or be delayed in coming up,
or if the application needs to wait for it to do createDataChannel
(option 1).  In option 2 it is optional, though it mirrors the
onclosedconnection.  With option 2 I agree they're of minimal importance
and could be removed (if we don't think the app wants to know if/when it
comes up; see above).

--
Randell Jesup
randell-ietf@jesup.org