RE: [rtcweb] summary of issues raised at W3C meeting

I think I was confusing MediaStream (unidirectional) with the RTP media streams (bidirectional).

Of course in the future we might add receipt-of-DTMF too... I can think of JavaScript apps I might want to do that in, using RTCWEB, outside of browsers.

> > We need a way to set priority for each track/data channel (3 or 4
> > levels) *and* have that enforced in the network subsystem of UA
> > *and* optionally diffserv mark *and* get the diffserv markings back
> > via an API (and include in SDP?)
>
> To be clear, the DSCP is probably an IETF matter (and certainly including it in
> the SDP is). Enforcement in the UA's network subsystem might be,
> depending on how much of that rmcat needs to standardize.

Exactly.

Matthew Kaufman