Re: [rtcweb] summary of issues raised at W3C meeting

On Nov 2, 2012, at 2:32 PM, "Timothy B. Terriberry" <tterriberry@mozilla.com>
 wrote:

> Matthew Kaufman <matthew.kaufman@skype.net> wrote:
>> Open issue - at receiver, do all audio streams that have DTMF in the  SDP come out decorated as above or undecorated?
>
> I don't remember all the details of this discussion, but I'm not sure I understand this one. There is currently no W3C API for _receiving_ DTMF, and no use case driving one, so I don't know what you would decorate a remote stream you are receiving with.

Consider the case where a PSTN gateway calls a browser - or at least the browser gets an offer with the media stream that will later be used for DTMF. The browser still wants to be able to send DTMF to the PSTN on that audio track so seems you might need something to be able to do that.