Re: [rtcweb] Relation of Mozilla WebAPI announced today to RTCWEB/WebRTC work?

Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> On 08/23/11 19:59, Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:
>>> Can anyone from Mozilla please comment on how the "WebAPI" announced
>>> today with the goal to " provide a basic HTML5 phone experience within 3
>>> to 6 months" relates to the work happening in RTCWEB/WebRTC?
>>
>> This is more along the lines of getting access to the APIs needed to
>> instruct a mobile phone to initiate a phone call, rather than to host
>> that call inside the browser. Presumably also with some way to detect
>> that your on a device that supports that capability at all.
> The blog post sounds like a virtual clone of the W3C Device API charter.
>
> Is that your planned venue for standardizing these APIs?

I'm not sure that's been worked out yet, but before I say too many
incorrect things, let me CC Jonas so he can correct me.

> I can't say I'm overly happy with the amount of imagination spent on the
> name, but the effort seems to make sense!

Well, I didn't name the thing, but keep in mind that initiating phone
calls is only one small part of the total effort.