Re: [rtcweb] Relation of Mozilla WebAPI announced today to RTCWEB/WebRTC work?

On 08/23/11 19:59, Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:
>> Can anyone from Mozilla please comment on how the "WebAPI" announced
>> today with the goal to " provide a basic HTML5 phone experience within 3
>> to 6 months" relates to the work happening in RTCWEB/WebRTC?
>
> This is more along the lines of getting access to the APIs needed to
> instruct a mobile phone to initiate a phone call, rather than to host
> that call inside the browser. Presumably also with some way to detect
> that your on a device that supports that capability at all.
The blog post sounds like a virtual clone of the W3C Device API charter.

Is that your planned venue for standardizing these APIs?

I can't say I'm overly happy with the amount of imagination spent on the
name, but the effort seems to make sense!

                      Harald