RE: Use cases - recording and voicemail

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:55:40 +0200
To: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>, "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
>However, I did suggest (in other text in my previous message) that one possible solution might be to record locally and use a second RTC-Web session to transmit from the local file to the >remote recorder. What I failed to say was that in this case the local file would be a temporary repository - just a buffer between the two sessions.
This makes sense. Also, if you look at the API proposals available, it would be quite easy to forward (in real time) a stream being received to another entity. There is no explicit recording, a stream being received (via RTP) is just streamed to another entity (via a separate RTC-Web session). I think this would solve this case.

Stefan