Re: Agenda, February 11

Den 11. feb. 2016 13:39, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> Overarching items:
>
> - Publication methods. It seems that echidna wants to do away with not
> only the WD/ED distinction, but even with the ED/tip-of-tree distinction
> (publish new WD every time we commit to tree). Is this correct, and do
> we want to strive for it?
>
> (Yesterday, philipj spent extra time being confused because we didn't).

The IPR issues around echidna may be the critical ones - perhaps WD
doesn't imply either WG consensus or IPR commitment?

More discussion will happen.

> Endgame for mediacapture-main: Do we know of items that are outstanding
> but untracked?

Reviews will always find something (likely missing definitions), but no
omissions are known.
AI for all: Read it again.

> Mediacapture-Main:
>
> PRs:
>
> #307 Add text about Capabilities and features that can only in mo (adam-be)
> Any way to address Jan-Ivar's commentary?

Adam plans to remove the word "supported" from the "capabilities"
section. It only increases confusion there.
The word "user agent" should largely be replaced with "constrainable
object" in the
generic section - the section on applying constraints to tracks will say
"in this case, the track is constrained; some constraints will affect
the source".

Adam will rewrite the PR.

> #313 Extend iframe with a new allowusermedia attribute (issue: #2 (adam-be)
> I think we should merge. (text nits)

Adam will revise and we look at it next week. Harald's note is what we
can put in a CR; Adam's note is more correct before we go to CR.

> Issues:
>
> #268 Iframe sandboxing options for gUM (adam-be) - PR exists
> #296 How to handle known but unsupported constraints (adam-be) - PR exists
> #305 Use permissions API model for describing permissions? (alvestrand)
> - Waiting for mlamouri to respond to PR.

Making status note in issue.

> Webrtc-PC:
>
> PRs:
>
> #317 Make RTCDataChannels Transferable (stefhak)
> LATER
>
> #434 Change setParameters call to be Async  (aboba)
> Cullen is silent. What to do? Bernard, can we merge?

Merged.

> #445 Make DataChannels Transferable and explain the implications (stefhak)
> LATER
>
> #463 Add more explicit language about transceivers, MIDs and roll
> (pthatcherg)
> Waiting for Peter.
>
> #466 Use an enum to describe directionality of RTP Stream (adam-be)
> #467 Use enum for voiceActivityDetection (adam-be)
> #471 Use enum for RTCDataChannel’s ordered attribute (adam-be)
> This is the "enum complex". Any list discussion generated?

List discussion not generated. Adam promises to follow up.

> #475 Definition of Active for an RTCRtpReceiver (pthatcherg)
> Peter?
>
> #489 getSenders/getReceivers: optional kind parameter ()
> Suggest closing this as "won't do" (see #488 discussion)

Closed. (both bug and PR).

> #494 proposed fix to issue #492 (adam-be)
> Hm. Jan-Ivar's commentary seems sensible for this one.

Still one issue worth looking at - but most of them are OK because we're
already in a task. Adam, Jan-Ivar and Shijun will work it out.

> Issues:
>
> See dashboard:
> https://www.w3.org/Tools/gh-dashboard/?repo=w3c%2Fwebrtc-pc&template=templates%2Flabel-state.html
>
> Selected items:
>
> Unassigned (2)
> [495] File a WebIDL issue to add the DOMException names WebRTC needs
> 0 comments - last update: a day ago - assignee: none

Adam will push a new Editors' draft ASAP; we think it's fixed there.
Assigned to Dan.

> [496] Certificate API: Do we need certificate introspection?
> 3 comments - last update: a day ago - assignee: none

Assigned to Bernard. ORTC has also found a fingerprint value useful.

> [142] "Hold" unspecified
> 13 comments - last update: 16 days ago - assignee: aboba
> Should we break this up? The problem seems unspecified itself.

Bernard will generate a "we think we have all the tools in place" mail.

Adam's ICE stuff - #331, #332, #336 - "I'll try to get something out".

JSEP cross references - #337 - "can be done in pieces" - reassigned to Dan.

ICE debugging - #296 - Bernard suggests counting errors according to
code. Interim topic.