Notes, May 21, 2015

Den 20. mai 2015 23:18, skrev Harald Alvestrand:
> Action items:
>
> - HTA: Follow up WebAudio group's issue (Discussion on list)

Done. HTA will try to formulate as an issue and post in the issues list.

> - Stefan: Follow up HTML 5.1 definition of direct assignment (new PR in
> queue)

Done. Stefan has made PR #171 and reported an issue that Dom will follow
up on HTML 5.1.

> Overarching issues: Linkchecker is broken for IETF references. Dom can't
> fix it this week; just comment out the linkchecker in travis.yml.

Dan will comment out the line on master (for both mediacapture and
webrtc-pc).

> Media capture and streams
> -------------------------
> Pull requests - 4 open
>
> - #165 defer to HTML5.1 for direct assigment - suggest close given #171

Closed.

> - #168 Distinguish between links to the active attribute and
> active/inactive - Adam to take annevk's advice. Status?

Annevk's advice taken. Merged.

> - #170 new error objects. Dan, status?

Domenic is now being defensive about the namespace pollution problem.
Harald has commented on the thread.

> - #171 Referring to HTML 5.1 - stefan will present

Status sounds good.
Adam will take a look and merge it if he likes it.

- #172 Using [Exposed]

Adam will ping Annevk - can merge if Anne says it's OK.

> Issues - 7 open
>
> - #118 Practical algorithm - add as appendix? Discuss on list?

HTA will put the draft description on the list and ask for advice on
whether it should be included or not.

> - #127 Cancellation of a GUM future - awaiting others' solutions

Still waiting.

> - #157 naming of enumerateDevices - no action

Will discuss this under Last Call.

> - #159 Active attribute - see PR #168

Closed.

> - #161 Remove "Direct assigment" - see PR #171

In progress.

> - #162 MediaStreamError should not be an interface - see PR #170

In progress.

> - #163 Please use [Exposed] - list discussion, but no consensus to
> change from previous decision. Adam, status?

In progress.

> Last Call comments - 19 open, 13 have no proposed resolution listed
>
> Want to have proposed resolutions by Friday if possible. Missing:
> - LC-3026 Internationalization of "label"

Harald will take this one - suggest inherit context from page?

> - LC-3021 Constraint specification - assigned to Dan - suggest better
> pointers
> - LC-3022 Latency constraint - assigned to pthatcher
> - LC-3017 MediaStreamError - assigned to Dan
> - LC-3027 Internationalization of Error's "message" - assigned to Harald
> - LC-3025 onaddtrack firing when you call AddTrack - assigned to Adam -
> suggest no change
> - LC-3023 more info on audio devices - assigned to Harald
> - LC-3010 Rename enumerateDevices - assigned to Harald
> - LC-3024 Remove registry - assigned to Dan - suggest "no consensus to
> change"
> - LC-3012 active attribute - assigned to Adam
> - LC-3011 Tamper-free language - assigned to Adam - suggest "we have fixed"
> - LC-3014 remove "detach from source" - assigned to Adam - suggest "we
> have fixed"
> - LC-3019 WebIDL errors - assigned to Dan

Dan says "all that matters is that the resolution is accepted by the
person who submitted it". If it's plain that they did, we're home safe.
If not, the Director may drill down on it.

Making some justification for "no change" is good.

Harald will pull the proposed dispositions out on Friday night and email
them to the list, to make sure it's "in their face" before Tuesday's
telechat.

Dan will push out another Editors' Draft of mediacapture this weekend.

Charter discussion
------------------
We spent some time talking about the charter.

> WebRTC-PC
> ---------
> Pull requests
> - #29 mediadiscarded - stefan, any response from Martin?

No response.

> - #195 replaceTrack - Stefan, status?

Stefan has a summary. HTA has promised to review.
We have rough consensus on replaceTrack itself, and spin off the issue
of ID in another issue.

AI Stefan: Suggest a separation into separable issues, propose
resolution to list.

> - #214 Certificate management API - I think this is baked enough for
> inclusion.

Merged.

> - #215 Expiring certificates - would be happier if there had been
> discussion on the list.

Needs a rebase on #214, so that we can see what's the actual difference
here.

> - #220 Muted state - Adam, WDYT? Addressing Justin's comment?

Comment addressed: Loss of connectivity and a mute signal.
Merged. Adam will file an issue, and add the issue # to the spec.

- #221 When RTCRtpReceivers are created and dispatched

Waiting on JSEP to get a definition for "media section" in.

This is how far we got.....

> - #222 OPerations array -> promise-chain - seems to have mutated into
> I-don't-know-what. Suggestions?
> - #225 Pending and current SDP - Adam, status? (Jan-Ivar has opinons
> about naming....)
> - #228 QoS API (really priority API) - Dom has added references. Merge?

With Justin's recent comment suggesting a change, this will have to wait
until that's been responded to.