RE: Webplatform Facebook Group

And then followed by this:

If you get the user ID from Facebook and you have the email from the mailing list it's not rocket science to pair them together. But as long as we don't transfer "who said what" between platforms it's less of an issue. As long as people don't start tagging each other in a Facebook post. Remember European rules and US rules are different when it comes to privacy. Just saying that before a bot is launched, some caution is needed. But I can't say much more until I really see what you plan to do with it. And as far as I understand this is just on a planning stage so far? Just saying we need to get all the challenges and opportunities out there. Nothing stopping us from setting up both a G+ and FB page and let people choose themselves, that could be done without too much thought - but any bots or automatic transfer of data I'd be very careful with. Until we understand the full picture at least. -Please excuse potential spelling mistakes, small keyboard, sent from my phone.--- Original Message ---From: "PhistucK" <phistuck@gmail.com>Sent: 17 April 2015 6:50 pmTo: "Ann-Katrin Travelling" <aktravelling@hotmail.com>Subject: Re: Re: Webplatform Facebook GroupI am not sure about any privacy issues. You do not map e-mail addresses to Facebook users. In my 'vision', it will be a single Facebook user for the bot that simply unifies everything.Also, if you do not want to get posts already posted to Facebook in the mailing list, almost any e-mail client today has a rule feature that can filter those. I am pretty sure that interested parties use such a client and the messages can easily be marked as "imported from Facebook".

From: aktravelling@hotmail.com
To: phistuck@gmail.com; abhimanyu@japanaddicts.org; public-webplatform@w3.org
CC: schepers@w3.org
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 12:34:33 +0200
Subject: RE: Webplatform Facebook Group

I tried to respond to this but apparently unsuccessfully to all, it just whent to one person and not to the mailing list. So another try...:
That needs to be very clear though, if you post on a mailing list you may not be too happy to see that your posts are also published on FB. The posts had to be stripped of the ID, we don't even know if people use the same mail for FB and Google Plus as they do here. And I'll leave the mailing list if I'm spammed with FB posts, there are notifications for that if I want to get info outside of Facebook. Bots for mass mails is a tricky business. Not the least from a privacy point of view.Ann-Katrin:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::