Re: Assorting of docs which "need changes"

Great ideas, Abhimanyu,

I agree that we need a better way for contributors to find pages that need
contributions!  There are a number of different projects underway that
should make this easier:

   - readiness markers on every reference page, indicating how complete
   they are.
   - http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Property:State has links to search
      results for each readiness state, so you could for example start
on the 18
      "out of date" articles, or figure out what needs to be done to
move the 709
      "almost ready" articles into the "ready to use" category

      - the Examples Needed and Needs Summary values of the Content quality
   flag property, which are added automatically if a template expects this
   information but it isn't there.
   - Examples Needed:
      http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Special:SearchByProperty?title=Special%3ASearchByProperty&property=Content+quality+flag&value=Examples+Needed
      - Needs Summary:
      http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Special:SearchByProperty?title=Special%3ASearchByProperty&property=Content+quality+flag&value=Needs+Summary

      - a new commenting/annotations system, due to roll out in the next
   few weeks, which will make it easier to search all comments that editors
   and readers have left, so we can effectively use the comment system to flag
   needed changes.

   - The issue tracker, currently being overhauled to make it easier to
   keep track of major infrastructure and organizational changes (although it
   wouldn't be used for small changes affecting only one page; the new
   annotations system should handle that).
      - http://project.webplatform.org/

I hope that gets you started for now in finding work that needs to be done.
 But you're right, the system could be improved considerably -- both to
coordinate all these features into a single interface, and to make sure
users understand they are there and how to use them.

If you have ideas about how to do that, it is definitely worth discussion.
 And hopefully, action!

Amelia BR