Von: Janet Swisher <jswisher@mozilla.com<mailto:jswisher@mozilla.com>>
Datum: KW 37 | Donnerstag, 11. September 2014 18:50
An: "public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>" <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Betreff: Re: Promoting Web/W3C Anniversary Symposium?
Neu gesendet von: "public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>" <public-webplatform@w3.org<mailto:public-webplatform@w3.org>>
Neu gesendet am: KW 37 | Donnerstag, 11. September 2014 18:51

We should set a general policy about promotional content, because if we do this, and it's effective at driving traffic, then the W3C Comms team would only be doing their job to ask to do it again for the next thing, whatever that is.

The questions, in my mind, are:
1. Is promotional content OK on WPD?
2. What parties can place promotional content?
3. What types of promotional content, in terms of placement and actual content are OK?

I'm inclined to answer "no" to the first question, just to avoid dealing with the other questions :-)
On the second question, I think at most W3C should be allowed to do this. I would not be OK with Stewards doing similar promotions. I haven't (yet) formulated an opinion on the third question.