Re: Upcoming code re-deployment

Thank you!

Your announcement made me look at the Developer Tools (moving the font to a
different origin) and these are my findings -
1. The wpSymbols SVG font does not have CORS headers, so it will stop
working in Chrome 37
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/sU138vJ_PI0>
and later and may introduce some latency (Chrome might load the SVG font,
see that it does not have CORS headers, reject it and try the next one. The
worst case scenario is that it will not try the next one, but I am not sure
this is the logic it employs).
2. Why is the SVG version placed first in the @font-face declaration? Only
WebKit based browsers support it. Also, I know that Chrome is considering
dropping support for SVG fonts
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/pYbbUcYvlYY>
altogether (Chrome 38 only supports SVG fonts on Windows XP and Windows
Vista), so I would move away from them (or at least move them below the
WOFF version) as soon as possible and perhaps only list it as a fallback,
for older WebKit based browsers that do not support WOFF
<http://caniuse.com/#feat=woff>.

If you can point me to the open source repository for the relevant CSS, I
can submit a pull request for the CSS part (moving the SVG variant below
the WOFF variant), of course.
I assume that the CORS headers issue is probably a configuration toggle
that does not exist in the open source repository.

☆*PhistucK*