Re: Table formatting at http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/svg

Yes, this has been driving me insane, too. The CSS styling of the tables
makes it worse, and I think we can reskin the tables to make all tables
easy to understand. Having the first column of this table be dark brown
while the rest is a light color seems to convey that the first column is
something special — but it's not.

In fact, I'm not sure why this is a table at all. It's not a data set. It's
a long list of links. The HTML should be a list, not table. Will mediawiki
let us make it a list?

And visually, it would be much better as simple columns of links. Like at
MDN: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Reference

[image: Inline image 1]

I honestly think that designing better doc list landing pages is key to
making a successful project. If someone clicks on "CSS" or "SVG" or "APIs",
they should get to a useable landing page. When instead, people see things
like what Rob pointed to, it erodes their confidence in the content on the
site.

Can we talk about this in a meeting? And think about what's possible given
the constrains of Mediawiki??

Jen

Jen Simmons
designer, consultant and speaker