RE: Annotation Design and UX

From: Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:00:31 +0000
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Jen Simmons <jen@jensimmons.com>, WebPlatform Community <public-webplatform@w3.org>, Renoir Boulanger <renoir@w3.org>
Awesome, Doug!

>This independent architecture will also allow us to annotate not only content
>on WebPlatform.org, but also W3C specs, and if you install the extension or
>bookmarklet, even other specs or pages from around the web, which will
>allow us to take inspiration and information from various different sources to
>improve WPD.

I don't think we can overstate the importance of that functionality. When this is full-blown, it should increase efficiency and ability of meaningful dialog and progress in web standards. It is a quantum leap in information sharing and to be able to connect documents, specifications, and people in a meaningful way. As someone who spends countless hours trying to keep track of the connections between the three, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Eliot