From: jensimmons@gmail.com [mailto:jensimmons@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jen Simmons
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 12:35 PM
To: List WebPlatform public
Subject: a few content questions

Hi all,

Let's talk about WPD website content (& therefore homepage revision).

What is the already-existing, useful content that's on the WPD site right now? And by content, I mean anything - stuff on how to contribute, updates and changing content, as well as the docs themselves. It's a chore to list it all... but in a quick answer, what comes to mind if you guess: what content do people use the most?

Are people actively using the project management system at http://project.webplatform.org?

Where is most of the activity happening? On the mailing list? It seems there are many channels to have a conversation (IRC, listserv, wiki pages, PM forum posts), but many of those are pretty quiet. Is this right (or am I missing something)?

It would make sense for the homepage to have a list of upcoming events and recent blog posts that automatically change (not that have to be manually created/updated separately). Is this possible with the current technology stack? It seems tricky with everything in separate systems (WordPress for blogposts, events announced in generic blogposts not as some kind of data-structured event post, Mediawiki for docs, everything on separate subdomains, etc). Thoughts? Is this what blocked implementing a new home page design in the past?

Jen

Jen Simmons
designer, consultant and speaker
host of The Web Ahead