Re: Re: Re: We need a more UI-friendly group

Been lurking on this thread. Everyone has access to email, including the
unlikely 12 year old savant who apparently wants to spend their genius
helping us write web standards.

IRC is the one I find more problematic. Setting up a system to ensure I
don't miss part of the conversation is painful. I understand it is an open
standard, but given the level of effort it takes most people connect
temporarily and miss the benefit of the longer conversation. Some type of
persistent log of the IRC channel would be beneficial. I see how many
projects are now using Gitter, which can link to IRC, and this is
incredibly convenient and useful.

I'm not proposing using Gitter, but something that can serve a similar
purpose and is approachable would be a great value added proposition for
the community.

Joe