Re: Anyone else seeing this?

Hi PhistucK,

I had a mental note to reply to this, so here goes.

On 2014-08-15, 9:34 AM, PhistucK wrote:
> I looked into it a bit more and it seems like our version is a customized
> version or an unpublished fork. wgCommentsObjects does not appear in the
> official JavaScript code.
> https://git.wikimedia.org/blob/mediawiki%2Fextensions%2FComments/8a481d24e9a1a2d2b123a833ef970a4719c935a5/Comment.js

That’s right. We have an extension that extends that particular...
extension.

So, this specific extension-extension is non source controlled and
pasted in our deployment server. That’s one of the numerous things I had
to sort through.

Good news is that i’m about to upgrade the stack along with a cleanup of
all those rogue quick changes so that everything there will be source
controlled and managed properly.

> Where can I find Comment.js on the WebPlatform GitHub repositories (or
> anywhere else I can patch)?

Nowhere, until I push what i’m working on.

But the comment extension will be disabled altogether in the upcoming
upgrade. We will soon roll out the notes server that will replace that
service anyway.

> By the way, our version is outdated (August, 2012). The last official
> revision is from December, 2013.

Yes, because upgrading wasn’t a priority.

You can see upcoming version at our future-old-next-current staging
server [0].

  [0]: http://docs.mroftalpbew.org/wiki/Special:Version

> Anyway, once I find the source, I can send a pull request right away, it
> should be a very easy and small fix.

Thanks, but no need.

Talking about the comments.

Do you think you could help us import them [1] into the new commenting
system? Tell me if you’d like to help there.

  [1]: http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Special:Log/comments

--
Regards,

Renoir Boulanger  |  Developer operations engineer
W3C  |  Web Platform Project

http://w3.org/people/#renoirbhttps://renoirboulanger.com/  ✪  @renoirb
~