Re: HTML Form attributes

Hi Alex,

what you said is correct, it's exactly the way the wiki is working at the
moment: thank you for the clear explanation! :)

What I'm doing is suggesting enhancements when I find hard, even if not
impossible, insert content into the platform through this wiki, or when I
find out document pages are messy 'cause of the wiki form editor. Before
opening issues I talked first with Chris (in Zurich) and with Scott (in
Amsterdam), to make sure I'm not (that) crazy :)

So, from a contributor/user's point of view (and IMHO), applying to DOM
Elements in HTML Element pages makes sense, but for HTML Attribute pages
*does not* mainly because the label showed in the doc page is different:
"DOM Interface" for Element pages, "Applies to" for Attribute pages. So I
would expect links to HTML Elements here, instead let people insert them
manually somewhere into the description.

Let's consider your example, the "type" attribute
page<http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/html/attributes/type>
:

Applies to (the URL of the most general DOM interface it applies to, for
purposes of listing all elements it applies to):

   - This field should be set to [[dom/HTMLElement|HTMLElement]]
   - Instead it makes much more sense to me to set it as
   [[html/elements/input|InputElement]] AND [[html/elements/ol|OLElement]] so
   the type attribute can be showed up both on HTML Elements pages and in DOM
   Elements pages, thanks to inheritance.
   - Anyway invalid links should not be allowed.

Property applies to (when this is used in its DOM property form, which DOM
interface does it apply to?):

   - This field should be set to dom/HTMLInputElement
   - Instead it is often set to dom/HTMLElement
   - Anyway I would like the wiki to do this for me automatically, based on
   the "Applies to" field :)

Best, and thank you ;)

Francesco <https://twitter.com/franciov>