From:  julee <julee@adobe.com>
Date:  Monday, May 13, 2013 2:53 PM
To:  Scott Rowe <scottrowe@google.com>
Cc:  Chris Mills <cmills@opera.com>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Janet
Swisher <jswisher@mozilla.com>, "public-webplatform@w3.org"
<public-webplatform@w3.org>
Subject:  Re: REMINDER: WPDW coordinators, please update all three tables

Hi, Scott:

I think Doug didn't want to use that spreadsheet anymore. It doesn't have
the tasks broken out and it was felt that its complexity is preventing folks
from contributing. The 3 different tables were created to provide simpler,
more manageable views. In the wiki, these different views can only be
generated by creating different tables. Maintenance, then, becomes painful
and time-consuming. The weekly spreadsheet doesn't have the priority or the
the standards, and  the the master doesn't have notes. Otherwise, we could
just rebuild the master list from the weekly tables.

If we could have the same fields in the weekly table and the master table,
we could call the master the to-do list. Then from the weekly tables, we
could simply concatenate them into a master "finished" list.

I don't think once we have done a property, we need to keep pointer to the
spec (as that information would be on the page). That would mean the only
difference between the master and the weekly would be the priority ‹ which
is something we might need a record of.

How about if we add the priority to the end of the weekly check list? The
data is preserved, but it won't bother coordinators, which is the concern
with adding too many columns. The to-do and the "finished" tables would not
be the same, but no critical data would be lost.

Then, the workflow would be:

* The decider moves the current week's properties out of the master to
weekly page
* The coordinators update the weekly page with usernames and notes
* As the properties get finished, the coordinators copy the line items from
the weekly page to the "finished" table