[Community] Recruiting, motivating, and keeping volunteers

From: Janet Swisher <jswisher@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 17:05:46 -0500
To: "public-webplatform@w3.org" <public-webplatform@w3.org>
I don't want to seem like a shill for Feverbee, so I don't forward *all*
the really good posts from their blog. But this one has a lot of
relevant info that we should consider for our community-building efforts
for WebPlatform.org:

http://www.feverbee.com/2013/05/volunteers.html

Specifically:

* What strategies should we use for recruiting people?
* What roles can people take on? Should these be formalized, or not?
* How can improve retention once we find people?

--
Janet Swisher <mailto:jREMOVEswisher@mozilla.com>
Mozilla Developer Network <https://developer.mozilla.org>