Re: Skill badges, mentors, and apprentices

The badges concept is for recognition of your work as Scott has said. They
are also aimed at helping other people know where your expertise lies or
show what you have done for the community. Like for example on job
applications and social profiles. If people try to show these badges off on
an application or their linkedin profile then it could seem like more of a
joke to people looking at it rather than an accomplishment of some kind.
For the badges system I'd like to see non-funny titles, no matter how much
we may enjoy them amongst ourselves.