Re: APIs Page

Hi, Scott-

On 1/24/13 6:53 AM, Chris Mills wrote:
> I think at the moment it would be good to just link to *something*
> rather than leave these links going nowhere. For the moment, can you
> just get these empty API categories linking to the landing pages for
> the APIs you have got finished or at least started? I see you've got
> a decent number in this state already.
>
> In the meantime, I'll look at the others that we've got hanging, and
> work out some solutions for now.

I agree with Chris here... anything at all is better than the confusing
current state. Several topics are already marked as complete (*), so
let's start there.

My own priorities would be for stuff that is fairly mature and usable
across browsers today, with a further focus on general utility.
Disregarding the current status of the items, I would propose the
following priorities:

xhr
canvas *
geolocation
indexeddb *
file *
websocket
web-storage
workers
web-messaging
appcache *
audio-video *
css-regions *
timing
webaudio *
webrtc *

Many of the ones that are already complete are aspirational at this
point; I'm a big fan of Web Audio API, but currently it only works in
WebKit, and it's still changing, for example.

Regards-
Doug