RE: A categorization/placing problem - event/property pages

Hi,

Just wanted to add some technical notes! :)

The good news: SMW adds itself to the MW API [1], so that could be used for querying.

The bad news: redirects don’t support semantic properties, they are treated as synonyms for their target by SMW. That means …/error and …/onerror (if it redirects to …/error) are the same thing and only “error” would be returned by a query. I say that, because we basically define what a page’s parent is, on the page itself (via semantic properties like “Applies to”).

Possible solution: define siblings that got merged into that page *on that page* (though I don’t have a working solution for that thought up yet)

The other bad news (yeah, sorry!): if we use something like listing subpages [2], we’d obviously also need to show redirects. But some redirects are used to redirect faulty pages or ones created by accident to the proper location (sometimes even under another parent).

Possible solution: delete *those kinds* of redirects

[1] http://docs.webplatform.org/w/api.php?action=ask <http://docs.webplatform.org/w/api.php?action=ask&query=%5b%5bEvent%20applies%20to::dom/HTMLMediaElement%5d%5d> &query=[[Event%20applies%20to::dom/HTMLMediaElement]]

[2] http://docs.webplatform.org/w/api.php?action=query <http://docs.webplatform.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=allpages&apprefix=apis/audio-video/&aplimit=1000> &list=allpages&apprefix=apis/audio-video/&aplimit=1000

-fro