RE: Proposed plan for university communications

Hi Julee.

Thanks so much for drafting that. I will unfortunately be unable to attend the community meeting on Tuesday morning; however, I would like to provide some feedback.

*         The subject for the email seems a bit forward. If we decide that's OK, fine. Just want to make sure we're overt here.

*         The stewards are usually listed with W3C first, followed by an alphabetical list, IIRC.

*         The way the first paragraph is structured makes it sound like the stewards are the primary focus in the effort. Oh, and we have a few individuals, too. I think we should reverse that effort and emphasize the community-driven nature of WPD.

*         In the list of what we offer students:

o   Give students the opportunity to work on a professional site and build their portfolio

o   Encourage intercollegiate and professional collaboration

*         Rather than ask for permission for us to contact  students (sounds shady) can we provide really good contact information and maybe testimonials from other students?

Then this might be outside the scope of the conversation you're proposing:

*         Who drives this process? For instance, if a university proposes a few students, how do we decide who will be working with them or what projects they'll work on?

*         What will we say about stewards offering internships or not doing so?

*         How do we decide who goes to which schools to talk about WPD?

My 2 cents.

Eliot